- What qualities make a good substitute teacher?
- Is it worth being a substitute teacher?
- How much do substitute teachers make per month?
- Can you make a living being a substitute teacher?
- Where do substitute teachers make the most money?
- What kind of Education do you need to be a substitute teacher?
- Do you need a background check to become a substitute teacher in Illinois?
- How much does a substitute teacher make per hour?
- How old do you have to be to be a substitute teacher in NC?
What qualities make a good substitute teacher?
Here are our top characteristics for a great substitute teacher:
- Passion for Working with Students. Substitute teachers who have a passion for working with students often inspire them.
- A Love for Learning.
- Genuine Care for Students.
- Effective Classroom Manager.
Is it worth being a substitute teacher?
Substitute teaching is an excellent career opportunity for many types of people, but it isn’t for everyone. Schools are always in need of qualified substitute teachers, so as long as you have a Bachelor’s degree, no criminal record, and are good with children, you will likely be hired.
How much do substitute teachers make per month?
How Much Do Substitute Teacher Jobs Pay per Hour?
|Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
Can you make a living being a substitute teacher?
“Substitute teachers usually make a daily wage that, at full-time hours, amounts to about $25,000 to $40,000 on average per year,” Teacher.org reports. Do note, though, that this is full time, which you likely won’t be doing at first.
Where do substitute teachers make the most money?
New Mexico is the best state for substitute teachers, where the median salary is $29,393. New Mexico is the best state, and Pacifica is the city with the highest pay for substitute teachers.
What kind of Education do you need to be a substitute teacher?
In the United States, there are no set qualification requirements at the federal level for substitute teachers, instead, the qualifications can vary depending on the individual school district. Typically, you need to have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED; however, many districts do require a bachelor’s degree.
Do you need a background check to become a substitute teacher in Illinois?
No criminal history background check is required to receive an Illinois Substitute Teaching Certificate. Once you are hired as a substitute teacher by an Illinois school district, however, you must submit to fingerprinting and a thorough criminal history background check. Instructions on how to proceed will be furnished to you at the time of hire.
How much does a substitute teacher make per hour?
A Substitute Teacher makes an average of $9.18 per hour. Pay rate may depend on level of experience, education and the geographical location. Substitute Teachers need at least some undergraduate education, though most districts prefer candidates with bachelor’s degrees in education or a similar subject.
How old do you have to be to be a substitute teacher in NC?
On the other hand, several states, such as Massachusetts, Idaho, North Carolina, and Vermont, require that substitute teachers be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.