- What is an example of highlight?
- What does it mean to highlight words?
- Why is it called highlight?
- How can I use Highlight in sentence?
- What are the benefits of highlighting the text?
- What is the use of highlighted words?
- What is a highlight Colour?
- What does highlight means in a question?
- What type of word is highlight?
What is an example of highlight?
The definition of a highlight is a part where the light is the brightest or an important moment or event. An example of a highlight is the brightest part of a photograph. An example of a highlight is the part of Christmas Day which was most enjoyed by all members of the family.
What does it mean to highlight words?
A highlight is a visual indication that text or another object is selected with the mouse or keyboard. For example, when highlighting text, the selected text colors reverse, show as blue, have dots around the selection, or have bold lines around the selected text.
Why is it called highlight?
highlight (n.) 1650s, originally of paintings, “the brightest part of a subject,” from high (adj.) + light (n.). High lights came also to mean the lighter and brighter paints and colors used in making pictures (as opposed to middle tints and shade tints), and the terminology carried over into photography and engraving.
How can I use Highlight in sentence?
Highlight sentence example
- Feeding and harnessing the cantankerous mules wasn’t exactly the highlight of her day.
- The soft warm beige had a yellow highlight that reflected the evening sun.
- Then we will highlight them on the home page so people can get a great taste of just how great the 1911 can be.
What are the benefits of highlighting the text?
What is the purpose of highlighting? The purpose of highlighting is to draw attention to important information in a text. Effective highlighting is effective because it first asks the reader to pick out the important parts, and then gives an effective way to review that information later.
What is the use of highlighted words?
What is a highlight Colour?
Highlights are added to the hair using lightener, color, and or direct hair dyes. Highlights are pieces lighter than your base color, and lowlights are darker than your base color. This process entails having your stylist “weave” out tiny strips of hair creating a stripe, also known as a highlight in the hair.
What does highlight means in a question?
If someone or something highlights a point or problem, they emphasize it or make you think about it.
What type of word is highlight?
verb (used with object), high·light·ed, high·light·ing. to emphasize or make prominent: The lawsuit against the landlord highlighted the need for a stricter building code.